SILENT AUCTION | SUMMER SCHOOL 2019
Thanks to the generosity of No Alibis bookshop, Botanic Ave, Belfast, The John Hewitt Society is offering the opportunity of bidding for a limited edition copy of ‘Angel Hill’ by Michael Longley.
This bound copy in a presentation case is Number 94 of a limited edition of 100, signed by Michael Longley.
“A remote townland in County Mayo, Carrigskeewaun has been for nearly fifty years Michael Longley’s home-from-home, his soul-landscape. Its lakes and mountains, wild animals and flowers, its moody seas and skies have for decades lit up his poetry. Now they over flow into Angel Hill. In addition Longley has been exploring Lochalsh in the Western Highlands where his daughter the painter Sarah Longley now lives with her family. She has opened up for him her own soul-landscape with its peculiar shapes and intense colours. In Angel Hill the imaginations of poet and painter intermingle and two exacting wildernesses productively overlap. Love poems and elegised heart-rending reflections on the Great War and the Northern Irish Troubles add further weight to Michael Longley’s outstanding eleventh collection. Angel Hill will undoubtedly delight this great poet’s many admirers."
All bids must be submitted by 12.00noon on Friday 26 July and the successful bidder will be announced at the Lord Mayor’s reception at 5.30pm on the same day.
There is a reserve price of £100 on the book.
Please share with all your family and friends, near and far.
By bidding in the JHS Silent Auction, each bidder agrees to these auction rules.
1. Bidding will open on 12 noon, Tuesday 16th July 2019 until the close at 12.00 noon on Friday 26 July 2019. The highest bidder will be announced at the Lord Mayor’s reception in The Marketplace Theatre & Arts Centre, Armagh, 5.30pm, same day.
2. To bid for this book, email JHS at firstname.lastname@example.org, giving your name. You will be allocated a bid number, which you will received by return e-mail.
3. E-mail email@example.com with your bid number and amount.
4. The highest bid at 12 noon each day, from 16 – 25 July, will be announced on JHS twitter and facebook, and at the JHS Information desk in Marketplace Theatre Armagh during Summer School.
5. During Summer School (22 – 26 July) you can also receive a bid number in person and submit a written bid to JHS staff, as often as you wish.
6. Starting bid is £50 - Bid No. 1 £50.
7. Minimum increments is £5.
8. Reserve price is £100.
9. The winning bidder will be the highest bid.
10. Payment for the book must be in £pounds, cash or cheque. Once payment has been processed, arrangements for pick-up of the item will be determined.